- Trauma-informed Judges Take Gentler Approach, Administer Problem-solving Justice to Stop Cycle of ACEs ACES Too High News. Article on recognizing the effects of childhood trauma in criminal justice system.
- Essential Components of Trauma-Informed Judicial Practice—What Every Judge Needs to Know About Trauma Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Article on how recognizing the impact of trauma on court participants may lead to better outcomes.
- Improving the Lives of Children in Long-Term Foster Care: The Role of Texas’ Courts & Legal System Texas Appleseed. Report summarizing findings and recommendations for children in long-term foster-care.
- Texas Lawyers for Children. Free legal resources and tools for Texas judges and attorneys handing child abuse cases.
- Attorneys, Judiciary, & Forensics The Arc's National Center on Criminal Justice and Disability. Resources on working with crime victims and perpetrators with disabilities.
- Child Abuse Victims with Disabilities: A Curriculum for Law Enforcement First Responders and Child Protective Services Frontline Workers U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime. Website lists national research and resources for service providers of children and teens who have been abused, including statistics on abuse, training for first responders, and promising practices.
- Victims with Disabilities: Collaborative, Multidisciplinary First Response U.S. Department of Justice. Provides a specific set of guidelines for first responders working with crime victims with disabilities.
Forensic Exam Protocol
- National Protocol for Sexual Abuse Medical Forensic Examinations - Pediatric 2016 Department of Justice Pediatric SAFE Protocol. Guide for health care providers who conduct sexual abuse medical forensic examinations of prepubescent children, and other professionals and agencies/facilities involved in coordinating with health care providers.
- Best Practices for Interviewing Children with Disabilities American Bar Association. Practice and policy briefs, books, articles, podcasts, and webinars to increase knowledge of needs of children with disabilities who experience abuse and neglect and advocacy strategies to protect them.
- Child Abuse and Children with Disabilities Disability Abuse. Website providing interview strategies and resources.
- Demystifying Disability in Child Abuse Interviewing Oregon Children's Justice Act Task Force: Project Ability. Resource for professionals in child welfare, law enforcement, emergency response, medicine, and mental health.
- Forensic Interviews of Children Who Have Developmental Disabilities (Part 1 of 2.) National Center for Prosecution of Child Abuse. Recommendations to consider before, during, and after a forensic interview with a child with intellectual, developmental, and/or cognitive disabilities.
- Forensic Interviews of Children Who Have Developmental Disabilities (Part 2 of 2.) National Center for Prosecution of Child Abuse.
- Victims with Disabilities: The Forensic Interview Office for Victims of Crime & Disability and Abuse Project. Film & guidebook. Film provides demonstrations of 8 steps in achieving a successful forensic interview of crime victims with intellectual and/or communication disabilities by actual law enforcement staff and forensic interviewers. The 72-page training document provides guidelines for law enforcement, prosecutors, victim advocates, and forensic interviewers who work with crime victims with disabilities.
- Law Enforcement, First Responders, & Corrections A list of 20 resources for law enforcement on working with crime victims and perpetrators with disabilities by the Disability and Abuse Project.