Children, Families, & Culture
- Cultural Competence Child Welfare Information Gateway. Resources and information on working with children, youth, and families; disproportional representation of minority groups in the child welfare system; culturally competent services; training for child welfare staff; and the specific role of cultural competence in child maltreatment, out-of-home care, and adoption.
- Cultural Competence, Strengths and Outcomes RTC for Pathways to Positive Futures. Series of practical articles about working with children from culturally diverse families.
- Culture and Language Headstart Information on working with immigrant and refugee families, dual language learners, screening children for disabilities, and more.
- Suggestions for Interviewing Refugee and Immigrant Children and their Families is one of the useful resources developed by the National Center on Cultural and Linguistic Responsiveness.
- The Lens of Implicit Bias National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges. Case study analyzes factors in decision making, particularly those that can lead to unequal treatment in cases before juvenile and family courts.
- Racial Disparities and Implicit Bias National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges. Webinar discusses racial disparities and implicit bias in juvenile law.