- Navigate Life Texas Information for families of children with disabilities about specific disabilities, education, insurance, transition to adulthood, and services and supports available in each county.
- Texas Parent to Parent Parent-to-parent support, resource material, and education to parents and to professionals working with children with disabilities.
- Parent Companion A guide for Texas parents and caregivers of children with diagnosed or suspected disabilities from birth through 5 years of age.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Information on disabilities, resources, and educational materials.
- Disability Rights Texas Protects and advocates for the rights of Texans with disabilities, including special education services and supports.
- CHADD. National resource with resources, information, and training for parents, professionals, and people with A-D/HD.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America Information and resources on learning disabilities, mental health, assessment, and technology for parents, teachers, professionals, and adults with learning disabilities or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder National Institute of Mental Health. Information and resources about A-D/HD.
- Psychology Today - Texas Support Groups for A-D/HD Support groups for parents and children in Texas.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Navigate Life Texas. Links to Texas A-D/HD supports and services.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Autism Society Information on autism spectrum disorder, treatment, research, services, legal information, and advocacy.
- Autism and Safety 12 ways to prevent and respond to autism spectrum disorder wandering.
- Big Red Safety Toolkit National Autism Association. Three digital safety toolkits for caregivers, teachers, and first responders, as well as information regarding autism-related wandering.
- Resource Guide Autism Speaks. Services available in each state, including health services, after-school programs, advocacy, and community support; as well as information on safety, abuse prevention, and other topics.
- State Autism Resources Texas Tech University, Burkhart Center for Autism Education and Research. Statewide resources and training about autism spectrum disorder.
Deaf/Hard of Hearing
- Facts on Trauma and Deaf Children The National Child Traumatic Stress Network. 10 pages of tips on working with children who are Deaf who have experienced trauma.
- Hands and Voices for Deaf ChildrenNon-profit, parent-driven organization supporting families of children who are Deaf or hard of hearing that is non-biased about communication methodologies and believes that families can make the best choices for their child if they have access to good information and support.
Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- No FAS State-by-state resources on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (FAS), as well as information on living with FAS, education, FAS and the law, and resources for parents and caregivers.
- FASD Strategies, Not Solutions Edmonton and Area Fetal Alcohol Network. Strategies for caregivers and others who live or work with children with FASD.
Intellectual Disabilities and/or Developmental Disabilities
- The Arc of Texas Information and resources for families and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- The Arc (National) Supports, services, and information for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families, as well as information for educators, advocates, and others. Includes information about intellectual disabilities, Shaken Baby Syndrome, Down syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and other disabilities.
- Easterseals Links to Texas affiliates that offer local services for children and adults with disabilities.
- Texas Center for Learning Disabilities Resources and information for parents and children about learning disabilities.
- Learning Disabilities Association of America Information and resources for parents, teachers, adults with learning disabilities or attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (A-D/HD), and professionals. Includes information about learning disabilities/AD-HD from childhood to adulthood, mental health, assessment, and technology.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Texas Parent-Professional membership organization that provides information and resources for parents and professionals about learning disabilities.
- Mental Health Association of Texas Information on mental health, substance abuse, and mental illness for children, youth, adults and their family members, mental health professionals, first responders, educators, and others.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness, Texas Educational and support programs for people living with mental illness, families, friends, professionals, and the community.
- Pathways RTC Tipsheets on topics such as engaging with young people and early intervention programs for psychosis.
- PTSD in Children & Teens National Center for PTSD. Fact sheet on how PTSD affects children and teens.
- MDA Information about neuromuscular diseases, services, and supports, including educational information and local and online support groups.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Brain Injury in Children Brain Injury Association of America. Tips and resources on topics including symptoms and recovery of brain injuries in children, returning to school, college, concussions, and prevention.
- Texas Brain Injury Alliance Texas resources and other information on brain injuries and children.